Equality Pennsylvania is the commonwealth’s leading organization advancing equality and opportunity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Pennsylvanians.
As the only equality organization based in Harrisburg — we advocate for policy change at the municipal, state, and federal level; we organize grassroots supporters to engage in the political process; we educate the public about the experiences, values, and needs of LGBT people; and we endorse candidates who are committed to being champions for equality.
Equality Pennsylvania is the political voice for LGBT Pennsylvanians — and we’re moving the Keystone State forward.
Working locally and statewide, we’ve achieved significant progress, including:
- passing non-discrimination ordinances in 34 municipalities
- winning support of marriage equality from 7 Pennsylvania mayors
- securing a Department of Transportation policy that allows transgender people to update licenses to match their authentic genders
- ensuring that LGBT students have unrestricted access to Gay-Straight Alliances
- launching the LGBT Equality Caucus in the General Assembly with 58 members